Top 10 Checklist for Adopting a Cat
1. If you’re thinking about adopting a cat, consider taking home two. Cats require exercise, mental stimulation and social interaction.
2. Find a cat whose personality meshes with yours.
3. Pick out a veterinarian ahead of time and schedule a visit within the first few days following adoption.
4. Make sure everyone in the house is prepared to have a cat before your new pet comes home.
5. Budget for the short and long term costs of a cat.
6. Stock up on supplies before the cat arrives
7. Cat-proof your home
8. Go slowly when introducing your cat to new family and friends
9. Be sure to also include your new pet in your family’s emergency plan.
10. If you’re considering giving a cat as a gift, make sure the recipient is an active participant in the adoption process.